Powell Animal Welfare Society (PAWS) is a non-profit 501(c)(3), all-volunteer, foster-based rescue organization dedicated to saving homeless dogs from unnecessary euthanasia. We are committed to reducing overpopulation, providing education about dog behavior, safety, and appropriate veterinary care, and securing permanent, nurturing homes for the dogs we rescue.
PAWS Adoption Application
Please read the agreement and requirements below before filling out the remainder of this application.
Dog Adoption Requirements & Agreements
- I am at least 21 years of age and live within central Ohio
- I am willing and able to make a lifetime commitment to the dog I wish to adopt (10 – 20 years)
- I have the financial means to appropriately provide for a dog’s veterinary care, including yearly wellness exams, preventative care (vaccinations, dental cleanings, monthly heartworm, and seasonal flea & tick preventatives), and emergency care, as well as quality food, treats, chew toys, and as needed, training, grooming, day care, boarding, etc.
- I have the necessary time (at least 90 dedicated minutes per day, every day) to provide for a dog’s daily need for a combination of attention, socialization, and physical & mental exercise
- My dog will be an indoor companion, never left outdoors unsupervised or in any environment that doesn’t have climate control suitable for humans
- I have either a securely fenced yard, secure tether system, or will take my dog on multiple on-leash walks and potty breaks every day
- I will contact my Homeowner’s or Renter’s insurance company prior to adoption to confirm that my policy covers ownership of the particular dog breed or mixed breed I want to adopt
- If I rent my home, I will provide PAWS written proof of landlord approval for me to own and keep the dog I wish to adopt on my rental property, and will abide by any size or breed restrictions
- As the dog’s adopter and owner, I will assume full responsibility for my dog, and am not adopting this dog as a gift for someone else; prior to adoption, all household members must meet and agree that they want and will care for the dog
- All of my current household pets are spayed or neutered and current on all vaccinations, for which I will provide written proof if this can not be verified via a veterinary reference check; PAWS dogs will be spayed or neutered, up-to-date on vaccinations, heartworm tested, on monthly heartworm preventative and seasonal flea & tick preventative, microchipped, and licensed prior to adoption
I agree to and/or meet the above requirements and conditions for adopting a dog from PAWS. I understand PAWS will do its best to help me adopt a dog that matches my desires with a dog’s needs. PAWS reserves the right to deny any application without explanation.
Please fill in the answers using the online application below, or you can download the PAWS Adoption Application and email your completed file to email@example.com.